Imagine. Create. Innovate.
Introduced in India for the first time by Aludecor, Copper Composite Panel takes cladding dreams several notches higher. Super endearing, natural, durable and magnificent … to have them adorn your facades will be a style statement in itself.
CCP combines the natural beauty of copper, with the flatness, durability, ease of fabrication and cost-effectiveness that Aludecor products are known for. With all the benefits of composite panels it easily lends itself to classic and modern designs.
The top layer of CCP (C-A) is of copper and the bottom layer is of aluminium. It’s available in both fire-retardant and normal grades. Aludecor CCP is certified CU+ by International Copper Association, which validates the fact that it’s anti-microbial and hence a great choice for spaces where health is a priority.
Right after cladding, CCP shows a new and fresh copper colour. Being exposed to weathering, rain, sunshine, and humidity causes the colour of the facade to change dynamically in a natural process. It changes from glossy shining copper to a dark matte brown. After years of oxidisation, spectacular patina spots emerge on the surface of the panel. The brilliant green patina spots make the building look lively while protecting the facade from corrosion.
The patina forming process will be influenced by the building’s location, latitude, and longitude. But the major tendency is red copper-brown-patina.
Las Vegas Hotel, Jaipur
Copper Composite Panel Features
- Aesthetically superior and majestic in appearance, they lend a grand look to both interiors and exteriors instantly.
- The panels are exceptionally strong with unmatched flatness.
- They can be fabricated and easily moulded to suit any design.
- Copper Composite Panels can be made fire-retardant.
- The copper skin has a lifetime potential of over 100 years, subject to environmental conditions and proper installation.
- It’s environment-friendly
Copper is a natural element. It can be recycled at a rate of 90 to 100 percent and have less embodied energy than aluminium or steel. This is why it uses less energy at the time of production and have a second life after it comes off. Combining a high recycle-rate with a low maintenance rate and a long life cycle equating into lower costs is a win-win-win for both the architect and the builder.
- It has a 100% clear water runoff.
- The use of Copper enables buildings qualify for LEED points.
- Part of the beauty of copper comes from its natural colour. This means no additional paints, sprays, or other treatment is needed. Consequently, no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), that might generate emissions which are contrary to healthy indoor environmental quality, needs to be introduced.
Copper Composite Panel Application
- The main areas of application for CCP are façade, cladding, roofing and interiors.
- CCPs can be installed with fasteners and extrusions made of aluminum, stainless steel, and galvanized steel.
- CCPs can be fabricated using the same equipment used for Aludecor ACPs.
- CCPs come with strippable film for protection during fabrication and installation.